Alaska Wisdom Recovery is a member of the dedicated providers at Wisdom Traditions Counseling Services, a recognized leader in 21st Century integrated health care and wellness. We are CARF accredited signifying International recognition of excellence.
CARF accreditation is only awarded after a rigorous peer review process which includes on-site surveys to establish measurable outcomes. The board noted in their final summary: “The organization (Wisdom Traditions Recovery program) truly walks its vision of ethical and compassionate care to empower individuals and families to create a life of meaning and purpose through transformative recovery in action.”
At Alaska Wisdom Recovery, we integrate philosophies and practices from the medical, psychological, family systems and self-help communities. Every program is designed to treat the whole person. Clients learn to understand underlying causes of emotional and behavioral disorders and recognize how to avoid subsequent additions and dependencies during the recovery process. This prepares them for the challenge of staying well after treatment ends.
Alaska Wisdom Recovery programs serve Alaskans who need flexible yet intensive outpatient treatment for a variety of addictive patterns including drugs, alcohol, gambling, co-dependency, and other disorders. We offer Alaska State Certified substance abuse assessments and we are dedicated to providing comprehensive support to the families involved.
Our programs include but are not limited to:
• Intensive Outpatient Treatment: A concentrated, focused program of group therapy and education, individual therapy, family education and community support. We offer both day and evening programs.
• Suboxone Opiate Replacement Intensive Outpatient Treatment: A coordination of care with primary medical providers, group therapy, family group and individual therapy.
• Day Treatment Program: A scheduled series of structured, face-to-face therapeutic sessions, facilitated by a multi-disciplinary team in a behavioral health setting for daytime activities organized at various levels of intensity, and frequency to assist patients with treatment goals when a step-down from hospitalization, residential or detox is medically necessary.
• Trauma Informed Care: Providing “trauma-informed” care recognizes that people can have many types of trauma in their lives needing support and understanding from caregivers and community service providers.
• Continuing Care: We recognize the importance of seamless transition from hospital detoxification or residential inpatient to outpatient treatment, as this transitional period has a high relapse rate.
• Relapse Prevention Outpatient Service: Integrated treatment for individuals who
are working on long-term recovery goals with a special emphasis on developing
strong relapse prevention skills.
• Family Program: We believe that empowered with education and support, individuals
and their loved ones can and do recover. We provide a dedicated marriage-family
therapist for family and/or multi-family members.
• HIPPA Compliant Teletherapy: For those who work rotational schedules or live in outlying rural Alaska.
Our partnership with Wisdom Traditions Wellness allows us to incorporate a wide range of traditional and integrative therapies into the personalized, comprehensive treatment that is designed to meet the unique needs of each person who chooses to heal with us. Our clients and their families may take advantage of therapies such as:
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Message Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Cranio Sacral Therapy (CST)
- Medical Qigong
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Relationship and Family Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Energy Psychology
** We promptly communicate our treatment recommendations and coordinate the continuum of patient care with the primary referring therapist or physician.
Our primary goal is to help Alaskans and their families heal from addictions. If you agree that we bring value, we would appreciate your referral of patient care. Be assured that our commitment to recovery treatment and continuing care will complement your own wellness strategies. We look forward to partnering with you to help Alaskans find new opportunities for increased self-discovery, healing, freedom and purposeful lives.